The KONG Classic is the gold standard of dog toys and has become the staple for dogs around the world for over forty years. Offering enrichment by helping satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs, the KONG Classic’s unique natural red rubber formula is ultra-durable with an erratic bounce that is ideal for dogs that like to chew while also fulfilling a dog’s need to play.
Kong is more than just a chew toy...it is a way of helping your dog be his/her normal self. Specifically, Kong helps in the following issues:
- Chewing : Kong is an acceptable outlet for the natural chewing instinct
- Teething : the teeth process can be very painful for puppies, which can lead to destructible behaviors, Puppy kong helps to soothe the pain.
- Separation Anxiety : Dogs with separation anxiety experience severe anxiety in the first 20 minutes of being left alone, Kong toys are complex enough to engage dogs for hours. It acts as a distraction and as a positive reinforcement when the dog is alone.
Playing with an interactive toy like KONG keeps your dog entertained, and will help you manage your dog's weight as well.
While playing with the toy, the natural rubber helps promote clean teeth , help control plaque, and remove food particles.
Which size to choose?
- If the entire kong toy fits into the dog’s mouth, then the toy is too small
- If the Kong toy is too big, it is no fun for the dog
- Based n the head and mouth size, life stage, and chewing one can select the right kong
- Always refer to the size guide selecting Kong classics
- How to know if my dog is an average chewer or an extreme chewer
- If your dog plays with the toys, carries it around without destructing it, then your dog is an average chewer, in this case, kong classic is recommended.
- If your dog destructs every toy, then your dog is an extreme or power chewer, in this case, kong extreme is recommended.
How to use a Kong?
- Kong filling determines the level of complexity for your dog.
- More tightly stuffed the kong, more complex for the dog.
- To stuff the kong, you have to mix the treats, fill the Kong, and seal the openings with cheese or peanut butter.
Here are some fillers you can use, as per the difficulty for the Kong:-
- Easy(first few times): Add dry kibble or treats and seal the opening.
- Average(once your dog starts finishing the kong in a matter of minutes): Choose at least 3 or more from kibble, chicken pieces, vegetables, peanut butter, boiled egg whites, dry treats. Mix them together. Fill them inside the kong in a way it is not too loose and neither too tight. Seal the opening with cheese and increase the density of stuffing as your Dog keeps getting better at it.
- Pro: In addition to the above ingredients, you can add gravy chicken pieces with some cheese, fruits and freeze it. It will dramatically increase your dog's playtime.
In case you are still confused about the right Kong for your Doggie, WhatsApp us and speak with a certified pet trainer/nutritionist to help you choose.